Aaaaaaaaand We're Back!
Bob Weatherman: Hey I tell ya, the sun has come back and I hope it sticks around for awhile.
Sunny skies, with a few scattered clouds. Still a bit cool with the highs in the upper 40's, low 50's. Spring weather looks like it's right around the corner. Let's get rid of that snow (even though we need it) and we'll see some decent weather this week. Back to you, Cate.
Cate Wentzlestein: Thanks Bob, in today's top news, I had another boring day at Ensalada De Mojado Elementary School. Activities included: Help the Janitor Day, Clean the Gum off the bottom of the Lunch Tables relay race and making paper-dolls from dental floss.
In other news, I've wondered if having an opinion is really worth my time. I listen to children who are learning to solve their own problems and then I come home to "children" STILL learning to solve their own problems and at times being rather bad at it. Some days I just get so SICK of conflict, because people don't understand how to COMPROMISE. I realize I'm not perfect, I screw up. I can be just as stubborn and undeviating as the next red-blooded American. But honestly, yelling, shouting, name-calling and being manipulative does not help a problem, it exacerbates it! I think Elder Cook (?) gave a more recent statement about the need for more civility in our conversations with our fellow men (President Hinckley was before that I believe).
This is kind of my hesistation in writing my opinions and ideas out on a blog for the world to see. There will always be *one* person that will take things out of context and be like: Why did you say that for? What does that mean? When really they need to take it as a straight statement, no strings attached.
I'm having my struggles, but I'm doing the best I can. I figure if I just keep my head down(as in concentration) and focus and push through, I'll beat them. Like for instance, both of my sibling chums (closest in age to me), are either moving out or seriously considering it, in the Fall.
"In the Fall? Catie, that's a long ways away." My problem: I'm always thinking ahead, always. So I'm prematurely mourning the loss of my sister. yeah, I'm spesh.
Other than the fulfilling things that already steal up my time as: a preschool teacher, a temple worker and a sister of a busy family of seven kids, I don't really feel like I have a particular direction I'm supposed to be going. It's awfully frustrating. Especially when change for my sister happens, everything seems to 'fall into place' or 'feel right'.
The thing that kills me is that I don't feel any particular pull in any direction right now. I like being at home, it feels fine to me. I think my problem is that I don't know what I need. I know I need something, but I don't know what it is.
::sounds of slamming:: ::things falling::
Okay. I just tripped over a cord and knocked over some mini speakers.
I now know what I need.
Coordination. (sarcasm)
::shakes head in disgust::
Well, my brothers are home. I could hear them yelling from outside the front door. And thus the conflicts begin.
1 comment:
Catie, Why don't you move out with your sister, get a place together??
By the way, I hope you're doing well and I'm glad to hear that you're still working at the preschool.
Good luck with the struggles1
Post a Comment