So I had a funny experience when I gave blood with the American Red Cross yesterday. I was in one of the little back booths doing paperwork. The Red Cross worker asked the usual questions, verifying name, address, birthdate, etc. The funny part is when she asked me, "How old are you?" I said, "27". She physically startles and her face clearly shows disbelief. She quickly says, "Oh... you look younger than that..." and I smile and say, "Yeah, I know..."
I have the predicament of totally crushing on younger guy, AGAIN. A well-known, touchy-feely flirt nonetheless. Why do I do this to myself? I feel so fickle jumping over to him, after my last attempt of trying to get a relationship going went down like a plane in flames. That's what you get when the guy really isn't interested but you are too stubborn to admit it and go for it anyway. Um. Bad. Like an accident. Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Any time a guy gives me singled out attention, I lap it up like a puppy. Can't I just play it cool? Uh. Nope. I have about as much subtlety as a Mack truck. That's just who I am. This time I'm wishing that wasn't who I am. I just enjoy this guy, there are a lot of things we match up on. But just watch, now that I've made my statement public (even though the friends that are part of that social circle that read this blog are few), this whole fun flirting and attention is going to go downhill fast. I'm not dooming it to failure, that's just how it rolls for some reason. But maybe it won't. I want to hope for the best. Okay, I'm going to hope for the best. Perhaps I should read my Hope post again...
1 comment:
Hey again, there's no shame in younger men (unless he's a preemie, in which case you should go wash your eyes out with soap). A girl I grew up with was in her very late 20s when she married a freshly returned missionary. It can work.
Post a Comment