these past almost 2 weeks have been somewhat of a whirlwind/crazy mess. I've been in survival mode and that means my room is in a state of disarray.
I've been getting sick, most of my sickness likes to go straight to my ears which mighty unfortunate for me. I blame my inability to get to bed on time for the past week. I'm not going to live forever, but I'd like my body to tell my brain that, so I'll stop abusing my body and treat it right.
Goals: Get at least 7.5 hours of sleep each night this coming week. Eat healthy foods. No junky stuff. Veggies, fruits, grains. Make myself dinner.
Priscila, the gal I share a room with, is getting married a week from today in the Mount Timpanogos Temple. Crazy stuff. We went to her bridal shower today and it was better than I expected. Too bad we had to leave early, to bring Melissa back in time for her date.
I dunno if that means I won't have a roommate for the next month or not. Priscila was thinking she'd have her friend come and take her spot. Hm. I feel bad for sayin' but I would honestly not cry if I didn't have a roommate for a full month.
This month is going quick which is good, but it also has had the propensity to drag like lead platform shoes. So, I'm already thinking ahead, but I think I should be focusing on the present. There's no time like it, right?
I like that my so-called claims of giving up "obsessing/overthinking about guys" for Lent, has taken an evil twist (sarcasm). The twist being that now I don't even really want to be social. This has led to a super "I-need-a-hug" day. More like, "I-need-a-guy-hug" day. I still haven't got one and I'm really feeling the need. You just have those sometimes. I've been troubled today. Okay, this is getting depressing, so now I'm going to list some things I'm grateful for and some good things from today.
Good Today
Went shopping with my roommates
Awesome food at Priscila's bridal shower
Went to the temple
Lots of Hugs
Going to a David Osmond Concert tonight @ The Scera Theater with my roommates
Grateful for
Got to sleep in until 9:30am
My earache is only obnoxious, not painful
Didn't have to drive around Orem
Saw Kris10 at the temple (unplanned)
People who care
It wasn't terribly cold today
Okay, now I'm feeling better about my life. I still have a thousand things to be grateful for. I should think about those things instead of my grandpa going back into the hospital after a minor stroke while at his stay in the physical therapy/rehabilitation place. Or my worries that both my grandpas will be gone before I ever get married. (I know that's a weird worry, but family is SUPER important to me).
I'm just havin' a hard day, friends!!! I think I'll ask my HT's for a blessing tomorrow or something.
Me, signing off
No comments:
Post a Comment