Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back In the Saddle Again



So I got back from my D.C. trip late Monday night/early Tuesday morning and slept in until like 10 or 11 am. Flying travel is a lot of hard work. Especially when your overbooked flight from Atlanta to Denver is delayed an hour and a half because of thunderstorms and you are sweating up a storm. And especially when yours is one of 30 other planes on the runway that were ALSO delayed (hence the hour and a half sitting on the runway). Also when 1 of 3 bathrooms is 'unavailable for use' and you haven't even left the runway, you know you're in for a loooooong flight. I'm not annoyed about the experience so much any more. It just makes for a good story. That and our New York-based flight attendants were highly entertaining. The one on the PA system, he was pretty much gay, I'm talkin' 'filet mignon' (read: flaming-yawn). The 'yawn' part of that has nothing to do with anything, so you can just forget about it. Perhaps he wasn't gay, and I'm just a stereo-typing bigot (lol). Or not. Either way, his PA messages were pretty much entertaining, as he added a little flare to an otherwise standard procedure. Way to go dude, you were awesome.
I was glad to be in D.C., but glad to be home. There's no place like home. It's like the old adage, 'North, South, East or West; Home's the place that I like best." That's the way it is with me and travel. Traveling tends to break up the monotony of life and expand my horizons (not to mention my comfort zone) for a little while. When I come home I have a greater appreciation for what I have and where I'm at. Kinda like shaking an etch-a-sketch, you get to refresh and be able to draw a dinosaur instead of stairs. OH! I have to TELL you. I had THE BEST bacon cheeseburger I have ever tasted at a lil' place called Five Guys Hamburger and Fries in Rockville, MD. I have yet to find a hamburger that has tasted THAT good. Heaven in my mouth. Until the next time I get near a Five Guys, I'll have to endure the mediocre hamburger. LOL. I love food and my waistline shows that. Oh well. At least I'm running 3x's a week to make up for all the delicious food I've been eating. Anyway, I tangented again.
I went to the Washington, D.C. Temple grounds and Visitors Center; the Jefferson, Lincoln and Washington Monuments, the WWII Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial and got to see the Capitol all lit up at night. It was pretty awesome. There are always more things to see in D.C., guess I'll have to take another trip. Bummer. LOL. Most of my pictures are on Facebook, so if you'd like to take a gander go ahead. If you are not on Facebook, gimme a holler and I'll put some more up.

2 comments:

John and Victoria said...

I'm glad you had a good trip. Sounds like it was fun. Did you get to spend a lot of time with D?? I can tell you spent a little time... "heaven in my mouth." Well I wish I could have been there to hang with my girls again!

Kendra said...

Sounds like you had a great time, and I agree with you, travel is fun, but your own bed is just nice. I've actually been to that Five Guys place! And I know what you mean, it is sooooo good. I'm going to go check out the pics on facebook, love ya!K