So I sewed my skirt to my bodice last night. With the help of my Madre, the Sewing Guru of Knowledge and Wisdom, I was able to set it just right. It was a pain in the butt to sew because there were about 80 million gathers to sew through. The skirt is amazingly full, but thankfully the fabric I used is lightweight, so it's not like a lead weighted skirt or anything. The completed skirt/bodice combo brings a certain sense of satisfaction, so thank you, Madre, wherever you may be. Anywho here's da pic of it so far. I still have to sew the zipper in (which I've already pinned up, so it's pretty much ready to go) and then trim the dress hem and sleeves with lace (groan). And then? I'm done. Pretty crazy, huh? Yeah, I've consigned myself to that fact.


So here it is. Again, against my white Roman shade for contrast. The blanket is my most awesome grandma block quilt in a cream and brown neutral scheme and it offers some nice contrast against the dress too.
Okay, another vent. So my parents left today for their So-Cal trip. They won't get back until Sunday night. Soooo, I get to play parent. I can't claim entire role-taking as my sister would be offended and say that there's no way I'll be the parent and that she will do way more than I ever will. However, she is in school and is also working this semester, so most of the duty falls on my shoulders. So in an essence, I am a working mom once again. Madre says I'll have a lot of practice by the time I have my own kids. I'm afraid of being burned out WAY before then. Seeing as how I'm not going to be dating anyone anytime soon, any thoughts of marriage are postponed to a more realistic date: like say, May 7th, 2063 (i'll be 80, FYI). You know me, I always like to plan ahead.
Oh dude! Here was my original thought. Have you ever wondered if people from your past remembered you as much as you remembered them? I wonder that all the time. Like when I'm on Facebook and I'm thinking of adding someone I knew awhile ago. I'm like, 'Will they remember me?' and sometimes I'm like whatever and I just add them and other times, I'm like yeah, they'll remember me, even if it's faint. Seriously, I look back at my teenage years and I lived in such a safety bubble it wasn't even funny. Very much myopic and singularly focused. I didn't even step outside of my little petty world and actually be friends with people whether they were LDS or not. I know that I was so much more close-minded, I had irrational fears and interesting beliefs and they all but crippled me. I cannot change the past, only improve the future. Often I wonder though, what people saw me as. A girl that was just a little odd, yet pretty judgmental of others? I have no idea. In fact, you know what? I think I've been pretty close minded up until the past couple of years of my life. It saddens me to think of all the opportunities I passed up. Anyway, not trying to be a Dora Downer, but I'm waxing introspective again. Hopefully this week will be okay and I will have a good attitude about it.
1 comment:
Oh Catie dear, you absolutely, positively, crack me up! You are by far the most entertaining/funniest person to talk to! I just love it!
Post a Comment