Wednesday, June 3, 2009

catie's gotta brand new gig

Okay, so that was a bad stretch from James Brown's song title, but that's what came to mind. So I have the coolest thing to look forward to at the end of the month. My sisters and I (Sar and Han) were asked to give a 30 minute program for a someone's 75th birthday party. Here's the kicker: our genre is big band/swing/Sinatra-esque songs!!!! Can I tell you how much I was born for this gig?!? I would totally do it for free, but the $$ is like icing on the cake. So I have been preparing songs and kinda heading this project/program. I am SOOOO excited though. I've already been editing songs that we can sing to. I have software that allows me to remove the vocals from the song so you still have the music AND you can change the pitch of the song too. The vocals aren't entirely gone but are either very soft and echoey or not heard at all. So it's pretty fun for me and I'm jazzed (lol, no pun intended) for this event. :D

1 comment:

Naazju said...

Ooh, make sure you record it and post bits on here! :D