Friday, June 19, 2009

my life's been kinda normal

I haven't had a ton of exciting things to report hence the lack of activity on my blog. Sorry for all my readers. It's sad to miss my creative writing and bizarre sense of humor. But I digress. I was pretty sick this past week as was quite a few other members of my family. We had a self-imposed quarantine. Noone who was sick left the house during the weekend, no church, for me no working at the temple and no friends over for the younger kids. We were being overtly selfish and keeping the sickness to ourselves. Luckily I am doing soooooooooooooooo much better. I'm hoping my voice will get back in shape by next weekend and I can belt my pipes out to swingin' Frankie songs. I can't believe it's next weekend! I feel ready, but I need to check up on my sisters to see how they feel about it. Oh and can I tell you how much I love that it's SUNNY today!!! Like, not raining for once! (Yeah, that's gonna change by tomorrow and Sunday, but it should be sunny again by Monday...huzzah!)
So here's the real meat of things: I've figured out what my problem is on the matrimonial front- actually I should say- the dating front. Why has nothing come to fruition? I've found one thing lacking:

I need to learn how to be nice to boys and actually be nice to them.

Who knew?

Apparently I am not nice to boys at all and I find the most pleasure in popping their oh-so-fragile egos. (My sister explained it to me in a less than delicate manner, but I will spare you from those words.) I need to stop this current practice. Part of this is me needing to be more humble, ditching my precious pride. How am I supposed to find a humble guy, if I'm not humble myself? (Humility vs. bagging on oneself) Unfortunately, I have no idea how to stroke a guy's ego without feeling trite and preconceived or untrue to myself. I dunno. It's a rough thing.

On a lighter note, my fam's getting a new vehicle to ease the strain of only having two cars for our 8 person family with 4 1/2 drivers (my middle sister has a permit). We are getting a used 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander. We have dubbed it the Silver Hornet (of Pink Panther fame). Fortunately it runs much better than the original. Due to my nickname of Cato (coined by my grandpa), it makes this clip particularly funny.

1 comment:

Naazju said...

I'm glad everyone is starting to feel better! And I'm LOVIN' the sun today! Thank heavens it finally peeked it's shy little head out! :D

Good luck with the boy front--I hope you update more regularly!