So here I am. Miss Catie, preschool teacher extraordinaire. Me and my co-teacher, Miss Julie, take turns being lead teacher every couple of days...to keep the wear and tear pretty even. Even though we have about 14 children in our morning class and 16 children in our very full afternoon class, I'm loving my work and job so far. Good Times. Four-year-olds are such a joy and are very rewarding to work with because they are so concrete and everything is black and white. Thus problem solving is quite easy. However, redirection is a key element in the whole day. Redirecting attention spans, hurt feelings and disagreements. It can get real tiring day in and day out. Thank goodness for break times. Today was a little more difficult because of the intense rain and cold. The kids didn't want to play outside as much. So we did a gross motor activity and danced to some music to get their little bodies moving and warm them up. Even I was cold. Of course I didn't bring a very warm jacket today either. :) Life is good so far. ::knocks on wood::
Oh p.s. by the way, this is an update to this post. I borrowed this pic from a wonderful vintage blog(the name escapes me, currently). I thought it was awesome and very appropo.
2 comments:
I didn't realize you had a wooden computer! Those things are so rare! ;)
Catie, Congrats on the new preK job, that's great! Hope all goes well!
Post a Comment