Wednesday, August 25, 2010

legal beagle update

HOWDY, FOLKS!
Howdy, Miss Catie!
Y'ALL KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?
TOOL TIME!!

Uh. Actually. No.

It isn't Tool Time, but that would be cool, n'est pas?

Ahh, forever the geek throwing out foreign phrases for the appearance of sophistication. Haha.

Okay. So. There is a fantastic blog I follow called Already Pretty and it talks a lot about body image and the way we women view ourselves due to media influences, inbetween posts of cool outfits she's put together from random stores. Today I read this post and I thought it was awesome. It's called the Argument for Self Love. I highly recommend it if you are interested in reading it. She has a great perspective and it's a good reminder anyway.

Next item on the Chopping Block:

I filled out an application for Provo housing today.

I even paid a deposit.

I sign the contract tomorrow.

I get the keys on Saturday.

It's legit.

I'm still somewhat in a state of shock.

Those of you who know my housing history will laugh when I tell you

I'm moving to Centennial.

Yes. Really.

It's good for the starter year back in Provo for what it's worth.

Then I'll move on to greener Louis Pasteures.


::static crackle:: "Now Serving Number Three, Customer Three, Please Report To The Cut Counter. Thank You."::end static crackle::

Today my car got it's air conditioning fixed. And a bath.

::maniacally giddy squeal::

I feel so luxurious.

Now I just gotta clean the inside. ;)

The-Fairly-Comprehensive-Reader's-Digest-Version-of-My-Trip-to-So-Cal

It was awesome. I get tired just thinking of all the things we did from Thursday to Monday.

Thursday-Left Springville at 9:30am. Drove to Vegas. Went inside the Pallazo (ooOOooh fancy!). Admired the architecture and window shopped the boutique stores there. Ate a fantastically huge and delish sandwich for lunch at a Jewish deli (the name escapes me). Finished the drive to Orange County. Stopped along the way by my friend Steph's childhood home in Riverside and for some tasty authentic Mexican food at a hole-in-the-wall place. YUM. Drove past my old house in Yorba Linda. Arrived at Steph's aunt's house in Brea. Straggled in and crashed into bed.

Friday- Crescent Bay (between Laguna and Newport Beaches) played in the waves and sand. Hit the shops at Laguna. Bought some tasty peach gelato from an even tastier looking Gelato Guy. He got the tip. Cleaned up and went to Fashion Island for awesome shopping. I all but bought out Forever 21 (okay not really...but I wanted to). Finished the evening with El Torito Grill. Fan-freaking-tastically Yummy. Came back home. Crashed.

Saturday- We hit downtown LA. Olvera street. Bought the boys some Luchador(mexican wrestler) masks. Ate some killer Taquitos and a tamale from a stand that's been on Olvera St. since 1934. Went to the LA Temple grounds. Hit the Visitor's Center for a little bit. Detoured through 90210. Admired the homes. Went to Rodeo Drive. Walked a million miles. Gasped at price tags. Dreamed of all the things I could've bought for the price of one ring there. Drove past the Walk of Fame. Didn't want to pay for parking anymore. Went to Santa Monica Beach at sunset. Still payed for parking anyway. Santa Monica Pier at night. Walked the gift shops. Ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Went home. Crashed.

Sunday- Borrowed Steph's car to get to my home ward church in Yorba Linda for the first important part of the meeting. Did that important thing. Left and went home. Got ready for the rest of the day. Went to the J. Paul Getty Museum. Walked my feet off staring at the exibits. Took a bazillion pictures that probably won't make it on here. Ever. Picnic Lunched. Spent the rest of day at Malibu beach taking pictures of my friends playing in the waves. Went to Brea. Ate at Lucille's BBQ. Went home. Crashed.

Monday- Got up at 8:30am. Thought about showering. Packed. Showered. Ha. Left at 9:30.
Got to Springville at 7:45 pm. Shaved 1 hour, 15 minutes from our travel time. Way to go Steph.
Finally snagged a ride up the canyon to my house by 8:30. Threw stuff on floor. Crashed on my bed.

I think I had a vacation hangover on Tuesday. Whoops. So worth it. :D

No comments: