Wednesday, January 18, 2012

when will my life begin? (Retro post, unpublished May 15, 2011)

I take this quote from the same titled song from the Disney movie, Tangled. The happy part is that I'm not asking myself this question at this point in my life. BUT-- I want to answer this question for anyone who may be asking themselves this question.

When Will My Life Begin?

Well, your life begins when you choose to start living. The concept of waiting for your life to start, for you to be acted upon instead of choosing to act for yourself, is one of time wasted. You are the master (or mistress) of your own destiny. When you choose to act and start living life for you, your whole world opens to a plethora of options. You are not limited to your "box" of generic brand choices. The way I see world, we can't afford NOT to dream big. Too many instances and influences of pessimism would leave even the most enthusiastic of optimists reconsidering their perspective. To the questioners, I say: KEEP THE FAITH.

To me, the world is a grand place full of magic, adventure, love and beauty. The key is to take the time to appreciate it. God is in charge and because of that, we must express gratitude. We are given the opportunity to experience and explore all of the "adventures" of mortality. To marvel at the beauty and majesty of nature. Contemplate the infinite power of God's grace and atoning sacrifice and how it affects us individually.

Living the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings me greater happiness than I could've ever imagined. My soul is filled with its' light and I know I would be nothing but an empty shell without it. It is the small daily tasks that give me the strength and power to move forward in the face of pain, anguish, confusion and grief.

Yesterday was my Grandpa Dean's funeral. I love him so much. His was a life well-lived. If I could be half the person he is, I would be better than I am now. I miss him dearly. His smile, his warm chuckle. I have so many fond memories spent with him. He was my grandpa and he had a special song just for me. I doubt anyone will ever sing that song to me again and have it mean the same to me. I don't think I ever comprehended how much he loved me.

I kinda took it for granted that he would always be there. Even now I'm dealing with my grief in small chunks over the past week and a half.

No comments: