![]() |
| courtesy of mormonnewsroom.org |
While this may be the more formal approach to sharing the gospel with people that doesn't make it any less effective. People read it and change their behaviors. Change their lives and standards of living. It is amazing. Formal proselyting is starting to become a thing of the past, but the real life blood of missionary work continues to move forward. This comes from member missionary work. The phrase makes me slightly cringe because I lack confidence in sharing the gospel effectively as a member. Well, all of that is about to change.
This book is about to change my life, too. Only in a much different way. A way in which I can hope to be an effective member missionary and I won't be afraid to share what I absolutely love with the people who live near me.
Today we went up to my parents' house for a family council and my Dad pulled this book out and challenged us to read it and act on its' principles. I admire my Dad so much, because he never stopped being a missionary. He may not wear a tag, but he still makes it his priority to live the gospel and tell anyone who will listen, all about it. I have it with me right now and am going to break it in this week! I hope to find good things that will help me do better as a member missionary. Hopefully updates will come as a result of my readings!


1 comment:
that's cool and good for your dad!
Post a Comment