Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Green Apple Sass or The Sass-Mobile

This is my car, Sassy. This was taken in early March, before she got into a little fender bender that dented her hood and made the front bumper hang lower on the left side. I wasn't driving it at the time...thank goodness or I'd be a complete mess. My mother, bless her soul, believes these alterations make my car look even sassier. I would beg to differ. Really. I would. I love to drive around in her, I'm sure that will wear off, though. There is something about having your own car though, there's a type of bonding that goes on where your car is almost an extension of you. It's weird thing- I know, I know. Now as ole' Sass has become more and more recognizable, I find I get away with much less than I could before. My*short* hair really throws people off, so until my haircut gets world-wide exposure-the Sasster and I can still be incognito. lol...uh-huh...sure. As for my ward...who else owns a seafoam green subaru outback with a perdiddle? I rest my case. I've decided that I will never own anything nice in my life. Too quickly it gets hammered and looks like it's been through a stampede of wild things; which in this case are definitely my siblings, but I digress. If you don't know my history, this lil' piece of machinery is a big deal for me as well as the plastic card issued to me from the state of Utah that says 'hey, I know how to drive this thing proficiently, so don't pull me over. ' Don't you wish that was something a license could do for you? Maybe in an alternate reality. The other day my dad and I were discussing how the agenda of sheriff and police in Utah County has changed. My dad's opinion was something to the effect that law enforcement used the money from tickets as tax dollars to support their departments. We joked (but not really) that they had a monthly quota to fill of X amount of tickets. Coincidentally, I've noticed that when it gets to the end of the month, I tend to see more people pulled over to the side of the road for a ticket of some kind. I kid you not. Now, this may seem to be a cynical point of view. My father is of the opinion that it's more accurate than cynical, as he learned of this from a retired police officer friend(not from UT). Hence from the motto 'To Serve and Protect', I punned the new motto to be: 'To Tax and Collect'. LOL. The discussion between my dad and I was interesting enough, I wanted to share it. I have nothing against police officers as a whole or as individuals. Just don't pull me over in the canyon when I'm going 10 over. LOL

No comments: