Tuesday, April 22, 2008

sitting, waiting, wishing

Who would have thought the wisdom of Jack Johnson would manifest itself in one of my posts? Okay, I had my parathyroids scanned today...it was fairly uneventful. I am now waiting to hear the results from my doctor's office, which may take a couple of days. Lame. To quote Inigo Montoya, 'I hate waiting.' Chances are it will be nothing and that will put us all the way back at square one- but that's my Petunia Pessimist coming out. So yeah, in the mean time my life is kind of like that Sesame Street song, you know the one that goes, "La-la-lala-lala, La-la-lala-lala, Big Bird's song..."? Kind of out there, and that's with*out* the drugs. lol. The rest of the week continues to be eventful, so I can keep my mind off of it for awhile. I always have swiss chocolate and several sudoku puzzles I can drown my sorrows into and nobody cares if I cheat on them either. :D

It's interesting. Today, independent of any external sources, I am happy. I have no idea where my life is going or how it's going to turn out, as well as having several other issues on my plate and yet, I am happy. This is a strange phenomenon to me as I haven't been truly happy in awhile. I'm not depressed or anything, it's just that it's been awhile, that's all. I'm needing to find the source, because it's a good thing and I want it to last longer than just a day. Anywho. I am grateful it's a beautiful day; even if it is overcast, at least it's not smog. That's one happy thought and counting...

No comments: