Monday, June 16, 2008

'she has her mama's eyes'

That reminds me of my mom's favorite Patricia McLachlan picture book called All The Places to Love. You should read it. It's very sweet.
I love my mom. She is amazing. I am feeling slightly nostalgic today, so bear with. I received the best compliment in the world about 4 months ago, when I met someone that had worked with my mom, but didn't know me. He was a very kind man and as he looked at me and shook my hand they said, "Nice to meet you. You have your mother's eyes." I thanked him and smiled and went on my way. I was so happy inside. Honestly, I like my mom's eyes. They're very merry and have a sparkle about them when they're happy. I could think of no greater compliment than that. yeah. It was good.

No comments: