Monday, June 2, 2008

goals, dreams, aspirations

I had a chance to really read and study yesterday. It was such an awesome thing. I also finished Sheri Dew's book :If Life Was Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard. This is an amazing book! I highly recommend it. It granted me the perspective that I was looking for. A fresh perspective and new way of looking at life. I spent some time outside sitting on my porch reading at dusk, listening to the crickets hum and really contemplating about my life. It was so peaceful. I loved it. As I was pondering I had a thought come to me and I made it a goal.

I have, in my possession, the companion book to the Proclamation on the Family. I bought it when I took the class when I was at BYU. It has sat dormant on my book shelf for awhile, I'm embarrassed to admit. Anyway, my goal is to read and study from it 2-3 times a week and really build my knowledge base about the Proclamation and the values it espouses. I didn't take the time to do this when I took the class, since I mostly focused on the grade portion and not so much actual learning. Let's face it, I was a slacker in that class. I think I missed the greatest part of the class. Real, in depth, personal application.
Anyway, here's my power statement:
~I, Catie Lutz will read from the Proclamation book 2-3 times minimum in order to increase my knowledge and confidence, so I can defend and support the family and the values that uphold this fundamental unit of society.~
I hope that by doing this, I can be more adequately prepared to work through the Lord to share this information with people around me who aren't familiar with it, because of my choice to live these principles. I am excited for this!

Also some exciting news: one of my best friends, DeAnna is on her way to Utah from Virginia. I have not seen her since January and I've missed her tons! Anyway she is coming to Utah and I am so thrilled to see her again and be with her. She is truly a best friend to me! I am so happy!!
Just in case you missed that. :D

No comments: