(----Disclaimer: My opinion reflects my personal beliefs which are based on secular and religious perspective.----)
Religion and Politics: The two most volatile topics discussed among family, friends and communities. I would like to start out by saying that I am proud of everyone I know in SoCal that is and has been taking a stand for Proposition 8. You are all my heros. Thank you for your courage in the face of mighty adversity. Even though I am no longer a resident of the state of California, my heart is very much tied to the events that occur there and the people I love that live there. I am proud of my cousin who stood on the corner of an intersection with friends holding a Prop 8 sign even though there were offensive gestures and comments from drivers directed toward their group for standing for something. In my heart I am standing right there with her. I am proud of all the Christian denominations that have united together in the cause of moral freedoms and traditional marriage. Contrary to distorted media, we are not a God-less nation and people. It is so easy to become discouraged because of loud negative voices shouting above the crowd that would have us believe that all goodness is lost.
Quoted in the Bible (and quoted again in the Book of Mormon), Isaiah said: "Wo unto them that call evil good, and good evil, that put darkness for light, and light for darkness, that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"(Isaiah 5:20; 2 Nephi 15:20) These are truly the last days. It is comforting to know that wherever there are a band of Christians(of any denomination), the Title of Liberty is raised. I have read opinions that state the "hateful" nature of Prop 8, that it is unfair and rights are being violated. Honestly though, I have seen enough hate go on and most of it has come from people that are opposed to Prop 8. If that does not say something to you about the people against Prop 8, I dunno what will. Since when did traditional marriage become "hateful", "unjust" or a violation of rights? I didn't read that in the fine print. Did I miss something? (rhetorical)
The powers of darkness grow more and more as time marches forward. These days have been forseen and we have been warned all along. Now that I am seeing these events come to pass, I ask myself the question: Who's on the Lord's side, who? Now is the time to show. I believe (and would hope that) the Latter Day Saints and the good Christian people in California are doing just that. We all need to take a stand and stand for something that is just, right and true, so that good will triumph and our voices will be heard. We will not be silenced.
1 comment:
I wanted to tell you that I think your bucket list in your side bar is such a cute idea!! And I would also like to draw your attention to the fact that you have a friend near some historical sites in the south (ahem), and you can see your effects on other people by looking at my crazy moments.
Love Victoria
Post a Comment