Friday, March 27, 2009

Studio Era Film love

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I just got a new book! (again.) This time it's not a crafty book or sewing related! Thanks to a Barnes & Noble gift card from my dear cousin, Anne Sledd, I got to fulfill a guilty pleasure of mine and get this book. It's called Leading Couples, and it was compiled by Turner Classic Movies. I love it. I originally found this book in the Mercer-Williams Carriage House Gift Shop in Savannah, GA and I couldn't put it down. I leafed through it right up until the tour started. (P.S. This pic actually works as a link so you can look inside, instead of just being a reference pic. Pretty swell, huh?)

According to the book description on Amazon.com: "William Powell and Myrna Loy. Bogart and Bacall. Tracy and Hepburn. These on-screen (and sometimes off-screen) couples defined romantic chemistry and the art of falling in love. From Turner Classic Movies, Leading Couples features the most unforgettable screen pairings of the studio era including actors and actresses with many film courtships and those who made their indelible mark in a single memorable movie. Engaging and thoroughly researched each profile includes trivia behind-the-scenes stories biographical overviews and memorable quotes illustrated by rare stills and poster art."

My favorite part is that they have the entire filmography of these stars. I now have the information I need to start a running list of what "new" movies I need to watch. ::grinning widely:: If you need me...I'll be curled up in a corner somewhere with this book, enjoying myself. Please leave a message. ;)

No comments: