Old-Fashioned Radio Announcer Voice:
"January 5th. The Day That Will Live In Infamy."
Okay so it's not as earth shattering as December 7th, but what's the big deal about today anyway? Today I update my blog. "Whaaat?" Yup. I am officially updating. Call the White House... okay, don't call the White House. :S
Folks I'm in a weird mood as of late. So many different things have happened since we had "Winter" Break. I'm trying to really wrap my head around it and trying to write about it is nearly impossible.
New Years' resolutions- Do I have any? Not officially. Why bother?
Can't I just keep my old ones that I made in November? (oooo, very nontraditional)
Biggest things on my mind lately:
My grandpa having some early stages of cancer. Good stage to catch it in. 95-97% success rate.
STILL NOT GOOD NEWS!! Pooh.
A certain young man that I've had my eye on since September. I think he's finally starting to catch on that I like him. He's not totally dense, I've just been introducing it to him in small doses. I've liked him as a person since I first met him. The "love" part has just grown gradually. I am so scared to even mention the L-bomb (Love) to anyone because the moment I do, things start to go down in a burning pile of flames. So far I haven't had the sick feeling in my stomach that I've felt with former endeavors that I REALLY wanted to date.
From my perspective, I'm making him do *some* work. Like not texting him immediately after I left him a treat, anxiously inquiring if he liked it a lot and if it was possibly the greatest thing he had ever tasted. No. I didn't.
Instead, I waited until he responded with some kind of text message. The time spent waiting felt like an eternity but it was SO worth it. I was glad I waited. I'm getting serious lessons on being patient and steady. So far, so good.
It means so much more when a guy texts you of his own volition. It's like, hey, he actually thought about me enough to text me. That means tons. From former experiences, over texting guys just hurts. The years of life experience, no matter how delayed they are, show that letting the guy take the initiative is actually easier. Not weak, but easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment