Monday, January 24, 2011

be ok: mending my disappointed heart

This is the follow-up for the week from Hades (last week). I'm hoping this will help me become more regular in my posting because if it's here, it's not driving my roommates crazy as rehash mode. They are good souls, but after awhile, enough is enough.

Day 1-Monday: Today actually went well. I'm in the middle of the second week of developmental assessments for my preschool classes. This can make for a very stressful free-play, even with 3+ adults in the classroom. The Afternoon Kids are usually pretty wired by that time and trying to work one on one with a child, just lets the rest go wild. Assessments kill any good forms of classroom management that you might've had. If you were in my shoes and knew what I know, you would agree. Normally, I have pretty awesome classroom management. (::indignantly nodding my head::)

I have found a temporary stand-in for that mental spot that Reed once occupied. We will call him the Gnu-Guy. He's cute, nice and safe (meaning, he has no clue I'm using him as a mental crutch to get through this). He'll do while I'm on the mend, sort of a secret-crush type-thinger. I heart secret-crushes because they're safe and if everything falls through, nobody gets hurt. Riiight?

(Riiight... just agree with me now, okay? I'm not ready for logical thinking just yet... :D)

ANYWAY- today is going to be good because my lovely friend Jules brought me a batch of her oh-so-fabulous Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies.

Nectar. Of. The. Gods.

For reals. I've already consumed 4 in one sitting. I am secure enough about myself to write that I deserve to eat all 12 of them. Not at once. But within a day? Totally acceptable. HA. Beat that.

Today, I am happy. Really truly and completely happy. Yeah, I hurt a leetle bit, but I've watched the people that really care about me pop out of the woodwork.

(Did you SEE that?!? They popped up out of the snow! Like daisies!)

There are things to be grateful for each day. Good friends, food, a good book and people that comment on my blog are to name a few. :)

My only stress now, is something I can work with. Speaking in Church.

DUN DUN DUN DUNNNN

I (unfortunately, as is now the case) am giving a talk in church this next Sunday. I volunteered. No sarcasm there. I have super mixed feelings about it, after being all noble "Oh, I'll speak in Sacrament Meeting if you don't have anybody." Haha. I was expecting that my bishop would ask me to speak sometime in the next few months. . . .

Nope.

Two weeks from the day I spoke with him.
(for all you non-math majors, that was two sundays ago.)

::Thumps head against the wall:: What was I thinking? Sigh.

I'll tell you what I was thinking:
::Goofy's voice:: "Well, gawrsh, a-hyuk, I could speak in church. It's easy... Nooooooooo problem."

I'll be fine. I know I will. Insert all those self-affirming statements that our generation is so famous for: HERE.

Ummm... I want another cookie...

Make that 3... ::mischievious grin::

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your stinkin' guts!! And your face! ...And all the rest of you! ;) <3