Tuesday, February 8, 2011

rejoicing amid the frustrations

I just read Sarah's blog post today. I was definitely happy for her and all the good things that have gone up for her lately. She deserves these good things more than I can say. I am rejoicing for the happy in her life. YAY Sarah!!!

At the same time I am feeling conflicting emotions. I know I am supposed to be growing in life experience as a person (which I am, mind you), but it doesn't make it any easier when I feel like I should be progressing faster than I currently am. (Have I lost you yet?)

I can joke and say, well at least I'm not on my 8th husband or 56th child, my life could be worse, huh? But honestly, I am just frustrated at my lack. Lack of what, you say? Well, if you know me, why don't you just fill in the blank. I'm sure you're going to be dead on.

Lack of money- seeing those posts from Shabby Apple and their South Pacific dress line that makes me swoon with how awesome it is and groan because I probably could duplicate that look for less money but more time. Speaking of which:

I brought my sewing machine from home. It's at my apartment. I'm going to start my purple dress I wrote about in a post a bazillion years ago (okay so it was only six months ago, but it's felt like more than that). Anyway, maybe this will be my new muse and will help me get through this slump of not going anywhere.

(Oh and right now I may or may not be eating some soup that has been securely stored in my fridge for a questionable amount of time. I honestly don't remember how long it's been in there. It doesn't look bad or smell like fridge yet, but if I find myself in the bathroom for an extended period of time, it's going to meet Mr. Garburator (the garbage disposal) real quick.)

The point is that (I probably could be doing more, but I feel like-->) I'm doing everything I possibly can to be involved and social and it's really not getting off the ground very well. Perhaps our whole apartment has been nominated the black plague apartment. I seriously hope not, but I'm overdramatizing again.

My main point is finding a date for the Big Band Night this weekend up on BYU Campus. I have wanted to go to this for 5 years and I up and bought tickets before I got a date. Genius idea, eh? Well it sucks trying to find a date when it's the same weekend as the BYU vs. Utah Basketball game at Home. Good luck with that one. Luckily the Big Band thing is after the game.

Anyway, keep asking me about the dress so I will work on it and hopefully I will get through this weekend without a ton of drama or traumatic experiences. Thanks for reading and for your comments! <3

No comments: