Tuesday, February 22, 2011

a week from thursday

Here I am, counting down the days until my birthday.
Like a drumroll before an execution.
I'm excited on one hand because I love celebrating me and all the awesome that comes along. I'm dreading it on the other hand because this means I'm older.
I'm not dreading being old.
I'm dreading what I expect from myself, being that particular age.

I realize "there are no deadlines or milestones" and that "they don't mean anything" in terms of life status. Unfortunately, try telling that to my subconscious self. She's in denial and I don't mean Egypt, neither. I'm working on convincing her that there is no right way to do things. She's got her fingers in her ears, so it will be difficult. Any advice you could give me on changing her mind would be great, as I am so ready to move forward.

So here's to another great year coming up. May it be more than I ever dreamed or imagined, just like the past years I've gone through. They held promises, dreams and experiences that helped me become who I am today and I'm profoundly grateful.

2 comments:

Kris10 said...

I just have to say that I think you are amazing! You have so beautifully said what so many of us feel. Just remember that you are doing more than you realize, and growing more than you think. LOVE YOU!!!

Naazju said...

Birthdays are the best, whether or not your subconscious self thinks you've done awesomely or not. And you have done awesome because you, yourself, are awesome. :D
Happy almost birthday!