Friday, December 5, 2008

great. power outages are my favorites. NOT

We had a small power trip. The power didn't go out, but it did spark my piece for this topic.
So, I work at a drill bit manufacturing plant. It's noisy and that's even when I'm up in the office space. We use a lot of power at this place. So much so, that is not uncommon for someone to trip a circuit and cause a power outage every couple of months or so. The thing is, when we lose power we lose money. Makes sense don't it. The unfortunate thing is without power, it kills a lot of peoples' productivity. We also have these really cool alarms that go off when our servers or machines on the manufacturing floor go without power. A great work atmosphere, I tell you. Anyway, it's a lot more fun in the winter when the weather causes such atrocities and the whole Business Park Drive is out of power up until the signal light at the top of the hill.
Honestly, it's ironic that I'd complain about the power going out. Didn't we used to dream about having the power go out when we were at school? That meant limited school work and lots of good times. Growing up in SoCal, there wasn't a ton to be concerned about.
Now, I just feel guilty about not working when the power's out, especially if it's a nice day outside. Go figure. I guess that means I'm an adult now. boo.

No comments: