Sunday, December 7, 2008
kick off the season
So I had the opportunity to participate in a live Nativity on Saturday morning at my parents' ward Christmas Breakfast. It was the most amazing thing ever. The spirit was there and the simple humbleness of the short little program was incredible. The couple who played Mary and Joseph had a baby boy born to them about 1 1/2 to 2 months prior, so he was just right to play the infant Jesus. 'Mary' sang "Mary's Lullaby" from the Children's Songbook while she held her baby. It was so real-like, a mother singing to her son about who he is and who was his father. It was so tender and perfect. I was an angel with my sister Hannah and we were asked to sing at the end. We sang the first verse of Silent Night and then the program ended. The lighting was perfect, the costumes were fantastic, (tablecloths, scraps of fabric...it was pretty awesome what we were able to pull together with imagination) and the feeling of joy was completely tangible. It was such an excellent way to kick off the Christmas season. Also tonight, we started our caroling tradition and visited 4 homes bringing a little holiday cheer. It's like: Now Christmas can start because we have done these things. Yeah, we don't have a tree yet (but we'll get one soon) and yeah our Christmas lights aren't even up yet...(which they should be, because it's supposed to snow tomorrow and that will suck trying to put them up in the snow.) but there is Christmas in my heart now and I am ready to start the season in full-force. Aaaaah! There's so much I want to do and I have soooo little time to get it done in!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!! It's CHRISTMAS!!!! Whoa, I'm calming down now.... Eeeeee! (spirit fingers) Okay, I'm done. :D Remember to take some time for yourself and just chill for a little while (contemplate the meaning of Christmas to you and what is important) so that you'll have enough energy to continue to spread joy to all the people around you. Whether you know them or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment