Monday, January 19, 2009

healing

The Lord is merciful. Today I had a journey of the heart, which resulted in a great experience which granted me the ability, desire and motivation to continue forward. I can’t share most of the details in that this is quite a significant and special experience for me. All I’d like to say is that the Lord is so very mindful of each of us and loves us infinitely. We can be perfected in Christ, because of Christ. We need to rely on the Savior so that we will never come up short. I have never felt so much overwhelming comfort in my life. It is an experience I hope I will never forget. I wrote it in my journal (even though I’ve been slacking lately) so I won’t forget the feelings that I felt and the things that I experienced. Amidst the hustle and bustle of everyday life, I hope I can remember Christ and the all-encompassing and un-surpassing gift of his atoning sacrifice for me. Not just for everyone else but me, but also for me. I think I’ve struggled quite a bit with this concept for most of my life. Until one accepts this, imagine the suffering they have endured because they wouldn’t accept Christ’s sufferings for them. (I’m giving you the references for Doctrine & Covenants, Section 19, Verses 20, 23, 38-41, also for John 14:1) These are just some meaningful passages for me. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

1 comment:

Naazju said...

I'm excited for the scripture chase. Thank you for your sweet testimony. Love you!