Thursday, January 8, 2009

mr. doodles

that's a weird title I know, but that's the first thing that came to my mind. My mind is kind of tot (pronounced toe-t, it's German, it means 'dead')anyway. I have reached the conclusion that I never actually got completely better and my sickness conned me into thinking I was. ANNNT! WrOng! It's now Sick: Part II, Tales of the Ears and Throat. The loathing with which I feel towards this, this thing cannot be accurately described in this post, except that I HATE IT and IT SUCKS. The act of swallowing moves from the 'voluntary response' category to the 'only when I absolutely need to' category. I have no pain pills to alleviate the simultaneous soreness in my ears and throat when I swallow. GRR. My face is in Screen Saver mode. I'm talkin' Windows 95 screen saver with the bouncing changing 3D box/circle shape thingy. You know what I'm talkin' about. Why I am at work is because at least I'm out of the house. You tend to get cabin fever up there in the winter time. Plus I wouldn't get paid and would definitely be less effective (3 hours of playing Peggle or Guitar Hero, anyone?). I guess I need to stop staying up late (11pm). It's not doing me any favors, that's for sure. Sleep. Mmmmm. I slept through my alarm by almost 10 minutes this morning. And it was still going for those 10 minutes. I heard it in my dream, but was so tired and aided by the Benadryl I was having a rough time getting up. I turned it off and went back to bed. Big mistake. I fell right back asleep and 45 minutes later was scurrying to get out of the door. I got ready in 10 minutes. My hair is gross and I'm not wearing makeup. I don't care either. It's 9:30am, Goodnight. Zzzzzzz.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how I miss you Catie! I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well. That is no fun, especially when you have to work.

John said...

Catie, Wake up! You're gorgeous darling, time for your close-up.

Naazju said...

Dear Catie--

Don't worry about hair and make-up at a time like this. Seriously. Also, get plenty of rest, drink lots of water (in as few swallows as possible, of course) and know that Guitar Hero and Rock Band are good for the healing of the soul. ;)

Love,
Natalia

Catie said...

Thanks guys! I heart support! I'm feeling better today!