Friday, February 27, 2009

'bout time for a post, don'tcha think?

So...I guess it's been awhile huh? Whoops. :S
Well, I haven't had a ton to write about lately. I'm kinda in no man's land, sorta like being suspended in jello...but...not. ANYWAYS. Currently, I am functioning as a surrogate mother to my siblings as my real mother is having the time of her life with her sisters in beautiful, warm, sunny Phoenix, Arizona (that's where one of her sisters lives). She'll be back on Monday, so that's no big. By the time she's back, we'll be able to celebrate one more year of life added to my age and I'll be headed on my own little jaunt out to Savannah, 12 days later. Did I mention I'm excited to go to Savannah? Yes, Victoria, even with the noisy neighbors. I'll bring my iPod so I can sleep. So yeah. Anyway, back to mom-hood. I've discovered that even though my true cooking skills have been dormant for awhile, they are just as successful as they ever have been. YES. I guess I will have to cook for John and Victoria while I'm out there...just as a treat. Call it my penance for being a lousy houseguest...lol. I'm kidding. So as this next week gets nearer and nearer, I go more in denial that I'm actually in my mid twenties, when I still act like a 16 year old on sugar. I like who I am, but isn't there supposed to be some grace and wisdom that come with age?!? ;D I resign myself to be a fun, crazy person for life. Just like my mama. :D

1 comment:

John and Victoria said...

Catie, I can't wait for you to come! We're going to have a lot of fun... and I don't mind if you want to cook for us... Any more thoughts on what you want to do? I've got a little more time with school right now so I'll have to browse our activities a little more.