Thursday, February 19, 2009
singing the jobless blues (da-na-na-na-nuh)
So yesterday, I got laid off from my job. Luckily I get severance, so I'll be good for at least a month or so. This kinda changes my plans a bit, though(haha understatement of the century). Don't worry, I'm still going to Savannah. That will offer me some good respite and it's always nice to forget about life for awhile and spend it with a high quality friend who's basically family. Thus far, things have been all right, I've had some co workers call me and express their empathy/sympathy and offer what advice they could and have had a lot of people reach out and help. It's nice to see people who care. It honestly could've been a much worse case scenario (hypothetically speaking) and so right now, I'm counting my blessings and looking for the silver lining. Thanks to counsel from living prophets,seers and revelators, I don't ask myself why, I ask What now? 'Cause I'm real curious as to what's gonna happen next. I am surprisingly more upbeat than I ever thought I'd be. Wednesday I was pretty much an emotional wreck personally, but managed to pull it off as professionally as possible. Which I did, successfully. I will miss all my co-workers in the IT department, "The Guys". We had some great times together and I wish them the very best. It's just the looking forward and the cluelessness of what will all go down that gets to me. I don't even know what I'm going to go into. Apparently the Lord needs to humble me some more so I can learn what I need to. Maybe it's frugality...lol...my spending tendencies need to be curbed just a bit...lol. Maybe it's the importance of putting money away for a rainy day and that I can't count on always having a supply of dinero on hand. I knew this day would come eventually, I just hadn't planned what I was going to do. I've filed for unemployment and I'm already working on networking and job searching. I've also looked at the Church's website too. I've been busy. But anyway, I just thought I'd keep y'all up to date about what's going on. Nothing is concrete right now. My plans to move out have been halted for the time being(fyi, Natalia). Surprisingly I've managed to stay relatively calm, regardless of the frustrations. I'm still smiling though. Lata.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh how sad! I hope all goes well in your job search!
Sorry to hear about your job loss. Enjoy your vacation and good luck in the job search!
Isn't your dad your boss?? well I'm sorry to hear about your job, it's that dang economy. Well don't you worry, we'll find some fun cheap things to do here. We're trying to trade our shoelaces for food anyway, so the cheaper the better. I'm glad your still coming! Good luck trying to find a new job... with your flare and gumption you'll be off the market in no time!
Post a Comment