Saturday, May 24, 2008

I Did My First 5K Today

This morning me and my sister Hannah ran in a local 5K(3.2 miles) called Live wElle. The race is in memorial of Elle, a two-year old little girl who was tragically killed in an accident, 2 years ago, when her parents' car backed over her in their driveway. I can imagine all of the pain, grief, self-anger and despair her family went through. This is its' 2nd year. It is a fundraiser for scholarships for kids in Springville.
Honestly, I did this because my sister asked me this past Wednesday night. "Hey Cate, wanna run a 5K with me?" I looked at her like 'What are you talking about?' and then I said to her, "Hannah, do you remember how much I suck at running?" She had a blank look on her face and was like "Yeah, so?" LOL. I figured that it couldn't hurt to do this with her. It would be a fun experience and plus, it was for a good cause.
I've never run a 5K before. It honestly wasn't too bad, considering the only shape I've been in is round, as in, in no shape at all. LOL. I gave myself a good pace and pushed myself a bit where I needed to. It is amazing the satisfaction I received in simply crossing the finishline. It was cool too, because my parents showed up a bit before I crossed the finish line to cheer me on and I wasn't expecting that, but it was awesome. I will do something like this again. It was just a great feeling inside. I can't explain it any other way. :D Thanks, Hannie.

3 comments:

Toni said...

YAY!! Good for you!! I love 5K's!! They're probably one of my favorite things to do!1 I was actauly going to run in it as well but i forgot.(whoops, in my defense i only found out about it yesterday afternoon)

Toni said...

except i meant actually. I really have a problem not spell checking myself. My stupid fingers always push the wrong buttons!!

John and Victoria said...

Congratulations Catie! I'm proud of you, can't say I've ever run a 5k myself. Stay Crazy.
Love Victoria