Jack-diddley squat, nil, uh-uh, nought, nada, zip, nein aaaand nope.
Those are the results of my MRI and CT scans I had last Wednesday. My symptoms of hyperparathyroidism are still present, but the root cause of it all has continued to remain very elusive. Even the doctors are puzzled. They need to find out where all the calcium is going and stop my parathyroid from overproducing. (My speculation is that I have a black hole somewhere in my body and that's where it all goes.) This cannot go untreated, as it will just continue to eat away at my bones and give me osteoporosis much sooner than 30. Point blank, that stinks. So we are still on the search for what the heck is making my parathyroid work so hard. The chase continues. :
Unrelatedly, in my tests, they did find a harmless enlarged lymph node in my neck, nothing to worry about there, folks; and they found the cause of my acid-reflux problem. I have a small hiatal hernia located just above my diaphragm in my chest cavity. It's not serious yet, but I have to keep an eye on it and change a few habits to counterbalance the acid reflux. (i.e. smaller more frequent meals, no eating after 6:30pm, be more conscious of my weight gain (which would make it worse), etc.) So yeah, that was fun to hear about.
In my mind, I had the thought that those scans wouldn't find anything. Luckily, I have kick-butt health insurance so that helps a lot with all the testing I've been doing. It's nuts, really, to think that all of this madness (lol) started 5 months ago. Most of me wants to be apathetic because it's a heck of a lot easier to cope that way. I don't care if it's not healthy. I studied human behavior enough in college to know what I'm talking about. (venting).
I think I may spend most of my life 'standing in line' for something...waiting...and it's not like I can do anything about it either. Because believe me, if I could, I would be doing something. Anywho. That's the update folks. I'm not happy. I'm not sad. I'm neutral. Switzerland. Apathetic.
1 comment:
I hear switzerland makes nice watches, ooo and great chocolate, yum...
So Miss Lutz what the heck is wrong with you anyway?? Why are you getting all these tests done??
Post a Comment