The scenery was absolutely gorgeous. My dad put pics of it up on his blog, you can go there to take a look at 'em under the post: "4th of July Hike"and subsequent "Hike" posts. I'm only in a couple of pics because most of the time I was behind the camera. Most of my family decided to dip in the lake, which was insane because the water was like 40 degrees. Mom and I only put our feet in, which were fine once we lost feeling in them. It was awesome to make it up there and not die (it wasn't that bad), it was a sweet sense of accomplishment. I'm working on being in better shape, instead of round, although the action level hasn't gone much beyond a desire. I know. I'm working on it. LOL. Let me tell you though, the trail down was a lot easier. The main goal: Don't fall on your face. Goal successful. :D I crack myself up.
Other cool things: My family and I are going on an overnight campout down at Payson Lakes tomorrow and Friday. Yes, I am excited; although, I wish we could stay more than just one night. Oh well, at least we're camping, right? We'll probably hike Stewart Falls and maybe Donut Falls (up Little Cottonwood Canyon) too, as a family this summer. You'd think I'd be in shape by now, eh? Curse-ed gooood summer food...I have a tendency to enjoy that WAY too much. LOL. I accept the fact that I love good food and I'm just going to have to deal with it and counterbalance it with some exercise.
Oh! Hey! I remembered something! Speaking of exercise, the other day, it was SO fun. Me and my 3 youngest sibs: Matt, Mike and Emma played Extreme Mountain Badminton. This just means we had no net set up and we had to run across our front piece of lawn and up on the side of our mountain property to hit the shuttlecock. It was pretty awesome though, mostly because we can't aim at all and we end up laughing(mostly at me) at our poor badminton skills. The cool thing about living in the mountains is that any sport we play in our backyard (or backdirt, I should say) becomes "Extreme Mountain" sports. LOL. I guess you had to be there. Anyway, I've actually enjoyed the summer lots. I just need to spend more of it actually with my family instead of being an introvert up in my room.
Yeah. Life is goood.
2 comments:
Your hike looked so fun! Your parentals told me about it at the timberline BBQ thing. We most definately need to play extreme mountain volleyball soon and have a big family campout because those are the best!!
I'm glad you were able to hang out with your family! And, I have to admit, the first time I read the title, I "heard" Lake! Bruhaha! (like in Finding Nemo!) You're awesome!
Post a Comment