Wednesday, July 2, 2008

mom's home!

My parents arrived to our home safely at 1:30 a.m. Today. I was woken up for that, after falling asleep at 10:45 (relatively early for me, lately) because I had given blood yesterday and that makes me tired. Anywho, the madre is home and there is a lot less weighing on my mind now. They brought back gifts for all of us. For the small kids: (matt, mike and emma) they got Cabo San Lucas shirts (piranhas, geckos and dolphins, respectively) and some Mexican pesos (10, 5 and 5), they're kids what can you say? For us girls (myself and Sarah) we got really pretty cream colored light cotton skirts. (I've always wanted one like that, but was too cautious to buy one for myself; me being spill-prone and all.) Hannah got a white cotton skirt and a really pretty bright yellow swimsuit coverup (a.k.a: a lava lava). Adam got a Cabo shirt as well, that will be mailed to him, in a deep chocolate brown which I've always thought he's looked good in.
Anyway, we were happy with our presents and I think the parents are happy to be back and to have enjoyed relaxing for a couple of days. Anyway, I am looking forward to the festivities for the weekend! I have always loved the 4th of July, the epitome of the American picnicking (that's actually how it's spelled. Looks funny, doesn't it?) and barbeque experience!!! Ah, the nostalgia of idyllic childhood summer days are kicking in...all I'm missing is the southern California sunshine, a neighbor's swimming pool and a public library summer reading program!!

No comments: